Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Let's play in the sandbox

I've always loved playing in sandboxes. There's something so relaxing about the movement of sand but this is so different. So much of 2.0 is about playing that I'm not sure how you can define this step as The Sandbox plus it's not really relaxing.

That said, I do like PBWiki. We have started a branch wiki using this site and going through this Thing has helped me understand how we can better manipulate it. However, knowing how to technically use something and discovering how to use something to improve what you do really is the difference. I think that wiki's can have real potential but it's not playtime in the sandbox. As we discovered with our branch project, we need to find the REAL useful application of this to get everyone on board and actually make it useful.

No comments: