Thursday, July 5, 2007

LibraryThing

I've looked at this site before but have never added books until now. I added a few books, most of which are on my blog, and it was fun to see how many people have already added these to their own library. I think that I could get lost exploring here, especially for titles that I love, so I'll try to restrain myself. In addition, one problem with having this be more wiki like with less authority control is the multiple versions of entries. Searching on Great Tales of English History lends many records most of which don't have complete enough data to see which is which (there are 3 volumes on different time periods) so I'm not sure I ended up with the right one that I wanted.

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/jonesjennifere

I did try a few cool features that can be added to my blog and ended up liking the random links from my library. The search box ended up searching someone else's collection and I have no idea what happened so I decided I liked the covers with the random links better.

No comments: